Tuesday 17 May 2011

Donald Trump is Out

With all his talk of exposing Obama as a foreigner and being a 'really bad student' at Harvard - because lots of bad students become the first Afro-American editor of the Harvard Law Review - the Donald now scuttles away back to the safety of the private sector after balking, not for the first time, at the opportunity to run for President. A Ross Perrot-esque candidacy isn't going to happen any more which is sad for many, like myself, who would delight in writing about something that would definitely spice up standard procedure.

However in his statement he maintained: " the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election." So why not run? "Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector."

He went on to say: "This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly."

As part of his continuing work in the private sector he is obliged to fulfil his lucrative contract to NBC with another series of his multi-million making TV show The Apprentice.